What’s new in Windows Server 2022
This one-day course is designed primarily for information technology (IT) professionals who have some experience with Windows Server. It is designed for professionals who will be responsible for managing components such as storage and compute by using Windows Server 2022, and who need to understand the new features introduced with the Windows Server 2022 operating system. This course focuses on configuration using the new Windows Admin Centre, in addition to Windows PowerShell and deployments using Server Core.
AudienceThis course is intended for IT professionals who have some experiencing working with Windows Server, and who are looking for a single day course that covers the new features and technologies in Windows Server 2022. This course will help them update their knowledge and skills related to Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2019 and Windows Server 2022.
Candidates suitable for this course would be:Windows Server administrators who are relatively new to Windows Server administration and related technologies, and who want to learn more about the new features in Windows Server 2022.
After completing this course, students will have an understanding of the new Windows Server 2022 features include enhancements in the following areas:
- Hybrid cloud
- Windows Admin Center
- Application improvements
Before attending this course, students must have:
- A basic understanding of networking fundamentals.
- An awareness and understanding of security best practices.
- A basic understanding of Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) concepts.
- Basic knowledge of server hardware.
- Experience supporting and configuring Windows Server operating systems, such as Windows Server 2016, or Windows Server 2019.
Module 1: Security Describes the new features of Security in Windows Server 2022, and explains how to implement the hardware and software for Secured-core Server with Windows Server 2022. This module also describes the components including:
- Boot DMA Protection
- System Guard
- Secure Boot
- TPM 2.0
- Secure connectivity and Secure DNS
- SMB encryption, SMB over QUIC
- Storage Migration Service
- Storage Bus Cache
- UDP improvements, USO, RSS and data path
- TCP improvements, TCP Hystart++, RACK
- Hyper-V virtual switch improvements
- Azure ARC enabled Windows Server
- Application platform improvements