ITIL® 4 Practitioner: Incident Management
This module focuses on providing the candidates with the understanding of the key concepts, principles, value and challenges of the ITIL® 4 Incident Management Practice. It is intended to provide candidates with best practice guidance at both strategic and operational levels on how to support the agreed quality of a service by handling all predefined, user-initiated Incidents in an effective and user-friendly manner.
ITIL® 4 Practitioner Incident Management enables professionals to efficiently
- Coordinate incident handling in the organization or in a specific area, such as territory, product, or technology, depending on the organizational design
- Monitor and review the work of teams that handle and resolve incidents
- Coordinate manual work with incidents, especially those involving multiple teams
- Ensure sufficient awareness of the incidents and their status across the organization
- Conduct regular incident reviews and initiate improvements of the incident management practice, the incident models, and the incident handling procedures
- Measure, assess and develop the Incident Management practice capability in their organisation by using the ITIL® Maturity Model.
The ITIL® 4 Practitioner Incident Management Course covers
The key concepts of the practice
- Explain the purpose of the practice
- Describe the practice success factors (PSF)& key metrics of the practice
- Explain the key terms/concepts
- Incident and its main characteristics
- Incident model
- Request catalogue
The processes of the practice
- Describe inputs and outputs of the processes
- Describe the key activities of the processes
- Know how to integrate the practice in the organization’s value streams
The roles and competencies of the practice
- Describe the responsibilities of the key roles of the practice
- Know how to position the practice in the organizational structure
- How information and technology support and enable the practice
Explain the tools application
- Know how to apply the recommendations on automation
The role of partners and suppliers in the practice
- Explain the dependencies of the practice on third parties
- Explain how partners and suppliers can support the practice
How the ITIL® capability model can be used to develop the practice
- Explain how capability criteria support the practice capability development
The recommendations for the practice success
- Understand the recommendations for Incident management success and how they are supported by the ITIL® guiding principles
Certification voucher is included in this course. The certification lasts 30 minutes and has 20 questions. You need 13 correst answers to pass the test. The voucher is valid for one year.
Course documentation included in the course price.
Acknowledgements. ITIL® is a registered trademark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
Accredited ITIL 4 training is provided by Olingo, accredited by Peoplecert.