TOGAF® EA Course: Practitioner
After our course, you will have an in-depth knowledge of the key points of enterprise architecture planning and how it is done using the TOGAF® Standard, 10th edition. The TOGAF 10 Practitioner course is a follow-up to the TOGAF 10 Foundation course.
This training deepens your knowledge of the world's most used enterprise architecture framework, the TOGAF Standard. After the training, you will be able to implement the TOGAF Standard and you understand the different perspectives it offers. This course gives you the knowledge and skills needed to achieve the TOGAF Enterprise Architecture Practitioner certificate.
The TOGAF EA training organized by Tieturi is accredited by The Open Group.
TOGAF® is a registered trademark of The Open Group.
The course is suitable for:
- Architects who plan enterprise architecture and supervise the implementation of solutions according to the architecture
- Designers who implement solutions according to IT-architectures
- All professionals who participate in architecture projects or in the development of the organization's architecture expertise.
The TOGAF 10 Foundation course is recommended as a prerequisite for the training. To take the TOGAF 10 EA Practitioner test, you MUST have passed the TOGAF 10 EA Foundation certification test first. It is also possible to take the combined TOGAF Foundation & Practitioner test if you master the knowledge required for the Foundation level. The combined test is not included in the normal course price, contact our customer service firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about this test option.
See also our combination training TOGAF® EA Course: Combined Foundation and Practitioner.
Course Content - TOGAF® EA Course: Practitioner
Module 1: Context of enterprise architecture
- Guiding change effectively
- Architecture capability
- The role of governance and compliance
- The role of an enterprise architect
- The role of agile development in achieving goals
- Information security architecture
- The role of enterprise architecture in the digital environment
Module 2: Stakeholder management
- Identifying stakeholders and viewpoints
- Engaging stakeholders
- Architecture trade-off method
Module 3: Phase A: the starting point
- Necessary initial information
- Defining the scope of architecture development
Module 4: Phases B, C, D: Architecture development
Module 5: Phases E, F, G: Implementing the architecture
- Risk and information security aspects
- Implementation approaches
- Identifying work packages
- Documentation of transition architectures
- Migration projects
- Identifying business value
- Confirmation of the road map
- Monitoring of implementation
Module 6: Phase H: Architecture Change management
- Change management activities
Module 7: Requirements management
- Requirements management of inputs and outputs
- How the requirements management steps relate to the ADM steps
Module 8: Supporting the ADM work
- Using the TOGAF Library
- Migration planning techniques
- Architecture repository
- Architecture levels
- Business capabilities
- Value streams
- Organization map
- Information maps
- Modeling techniques
- Metamodel and taxonomy
- Risk assessment
TOGAF Enterprise Architecture Practitioner certification test
After our TOGAF EA Course: Practitioner training, you can participate in the certification test if you wish. The certification test is included in the price of the course. To take the test, you will receive a voucher that is valid for 12 months. The voucher works as a payment either in the Pearson VUE test center or in the online test which you take on your own computer. If you wish, we can arrange a quiet space on our campus for you to take the online test.
To take the TOGAF 10 EA Practitioner test, you MUST have passed the TOGAF 10 EA Foundation certification test first. It is also possible to take the combined TOGAF Foundation & Practitioner test if you master the knowledge required for the Foundation level. The combined test is not included in the normal course price, contact our customer service email@example.com for more information about this test option. See also our combination training TOGAF® EA Course: Combined Foundation and Practitioner.
In the TOGAF EA Practitioner test:
- 8 extensive scenario-based multiple-choice questions in English
- Scoring according to the correctness of the answer: 5 / 3 / 1 point (best option / second best /...)
- pass limit: 60%, i.e., at least 24 points (max. 40 points)
- time: 120 min (90 min + 30 min extra time for non-native English speakers)
We are so confident of the quality of our training that we promise you a free retake of the test if you don't pass the test (the price of the test when purchased separately is USD 395).
The training material and the certification test are in English.The material of our TOGAF® EA Course: Pratitioner course is officially accredited by The Open Group.